TomTom announced that the latest version of the TomTom app for iPhone and iPod touch (version 1.2) can be purchased on the App Store starting immediately.
The new version of the software will be made available for free to existing TomTom app for iPhone customers.
This new version, now also compatible with the iPod touch, includes additional features such as:
- Advanced Lane Guidance giving drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions. This is available in both landscape and portrait mode.
- Text-to-speech helping users to keep their eyes on the road by enabling street names and places to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions.
- "Help menu" providing direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers.
- Updated maps of the US and Canada with the latest Tele Atlas maps.
- iPod player control ensuring drivers can conveniently control their music from within the application.
- Compatibility with the iPod touch* and the original iPhone**
"Our latest update adds features to the TomTom app. These enhancements and new features will be a great complement to its interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and routing technology," said Benoit Simeray, TomTom's senior VP, on-board mobile. "We're also eager to be able to offer this update to existing TomTom app for iPhone customers for free."
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
"TomTom Releases Application for iPhone and iPod Touch." Wireless News 23 Nov. 2009. Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection. Web. 26 Nov. 2009.
Gale Document Number:A212660650
(Album / Profile) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5745&l=970be&id=1661531726