Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ping-Pong-Ping-Pong; Brad and Brandon Belle are 14-year-old eighth-graders at I.S. 211 in Canarsie. They both dominated junior table-tennis tournament

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

DicksSportingGoods.com

ArabicChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)DeutchEspanolFrenchItalianJapaneseKoreanPortugueseRussian



BRAD (left): The first time Brandon and I ever played Ping-Pong, we played each other. We both wanted to win, but only one person can. I think I won the first game.

BRANDON: Yeah, he was better than me at first. But now I kick his ass all the time.

BRAD: Sometimes. Whoever has a good day.

BRANDON: When we play table tennis, we're strangers. But he's the more ruthless.

BRAD: Yeah, I'm ruthless. I'm also higher ranked. I've beaten him in nine tournaments, he's beaten me in five.

BRANDON: I need to work on my backhand.

BRAD: People say we could be the Williams sisters of table tennis. We're twins. We're good in doubles. We want to be the best doubles players in the U.S.

BRANDON: I want to be just like them. Be famous, make lots of money, go places.

BRAD: We're from Bartica, Guyana. A lot of people play Ping-Pong there to keep their eyesight quick. The ball is very small.

BRANDON: We came to Canarsie in 2006, and we practice at the Brownsville Recreation Center. I won my first trophy in 2007. It's a big cup, and it looks great.

BRAD: I won mine two months after. Now we have a hundred trophies. My dad built a shelf for them, but it's running over, so he has to build the next one. It's in the hall so everybody can see when they come in.

Source Citation:"Ping-Pong-Ping-Pong; Brad and Brandon Belle are 14-year-old eighth-graders at I.S. 211 in Canarsie. They both dominated junior table-tennis tournaments last month and are training to make the 2012 Olympics.(Interview)(Brief article)." New York (April 13, 2009): NA. Academic OneFile. Gale. BROWARD COUNTY LIBRARY. 26 Sept. 2009
.


ArabicChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)DeutchEspanolFrenchItalianJapaneseKoreanPortugueseRussian




Personalized MY M&M'S® Candies


Obama on 60 Minutes DVD



Great Prices at booksamillion.com






(Web-Page) http://computer.tutor2008.googlepages.com/tutor2












(Album / Profile) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5745&l=970be&id=1661531726

Click here for the Best Buy Free Shipping Offers


Shop the Official Coca-Cola Store!

leonard.wilson2008@hotmail.com

No comments: